Luxottica reimagines E-commerce — A shopping experience that takes consumers on a branded journey
At the heart of Luxottica's omnichannel strategy is the commitment to offer consumers a single journey across channels. Its portfolio of iconic brands includes such brands as Ray-Ban, Oakley, Persol and Vogue Eyewear, that not only offer a speedy and safe online shopping experience that rivals their offline counterparts, but also create a virtual window into the brand.
Luxottica has continuously invested in e-commerce sites to offer clients an increasingly more extensive catalogue, cutting-edge functions and a top-level purchase experience.
Engaging consumers with the brand story, an endless aisle of styles, shapes, colors and materials and hi-tech features, Luxottica's e-commerce platforms set a new eyewear industry standard.
Ray-Ban.com in particular is one of the most advanced expressions of the Group’s omnichannel strategy. With a presence in 27 countries, the site has become a favorite destination for millions of consumers every year, especially millennials in search of a more personalized experience. Some features include:
- a continuously expanding assortment of products, which includes 2,000 sunglasses and more than 2,200 prescription models, each carrying the brand’s signature trademarks of quality and attention to detail;
- the industry's most advanced Virtual Try-On tool, an incomparable pioneering technology and a leap forward for the sector. Every model available can be tried on virtually, allowing customers to choose their look in just a few steps – and all from the comfort of their smartphone or PC;
- the exclusiveness that comes with unique products such as the @Collection series, specifically developed for the e-commerce channel, and Reloaded, iconic models from the past relaunched in limited editions only available online;
- Ray-Ban Remix, the revolutionary customization experience, right down to the smallest details. This is a simple and fun way to create a personal style that is both unique and recognizable.
After choosing their model, consumers can add their favorite lenses - in some countries even progressive lenses featuring the Ray-Ban logo, and a personalized engraving (art engraving). Cases can also be customized with an engraving of your choice—a name or a message of love or best wishes;
- finally, the Apple Pay payment system makes transactions even safer and faster, thanks to the simple ID touch function on the iPhone or iPad.
In addition to Ray-Ban.com, Oakley.com and SunglassHut.com are two important channels that add a new dimension to the Group’s distribution.
Oakley.com presents the most complete assortment of Oakley products and is available in numerous markets including the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan and 16 European countries. The centerpiece of the site is Oakley Custom, a technology that allows shoppers to customize their favorite Jawbreaker or Frogskins models in a few easy steps, starting with frame color, followed by lenses and high-definition engraving on the lenses. Even the case can be customized.
The go-to global destination for the latest premium eyewear trends and products, the new SunglassHut.com has been redesigned to offer an even smoother navigational experience on desktops and mobile devices. Bold images, new functionality and storytelling make consumers feel as if they’re fully engaged in a virtual buying experience similar to the in-store journey. Launched in 2008, the site is currently available in the United Kingdom, Brazil, New Zealand, the United States, Canada and Australia.
Luxottica’s e-commerce sites are constantly evolving and improving to meet the needs and desires of consumers everywhere. Two new e-commerce sites are soon to board the Company's omnichannel journey: Persol, a centenary brand rooted in art and design, will translate seamlessly into e-commerce, and Vogue Eyewear, the fashion centric brand with global appeal and local collections in emerging markets, will soon make its debut.