EssilorLuxottica Board of Directors proposes nominees to the new board
Charenton-le-Pont, France (February 24, 2021 – 6:45pm) – During its meeting today, the EssilorLuxottica Board of Directors decided to propose the nomination of the following individuals to compose its future board:
- Mr. Leonardo Del Vecchio, as non-independent director
- Mr. Francesco Milleri, as non-independent director
- Mr. Paul du Saillant, as non-independent director
- Mr. Romolo Bardin, as non-independent director
- Ms. Juliette Favre, as non-independent director
- Mr. Jean-Luc Biamonti, as independent director
- Ms. Marie-Christine Coisne, as independent director
- Mr. José Gonzalo, as independent director
- Ms. Swati Piramal, as independent director
- Ms. Cristina Scocchia, as independent director
- Ms. Nathalie von Siemens, as independent director
- Mr. Andrea Zappia, as independent director
Resolutions will be submitted to shareholders’ vote at the Company’s 2021 Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting. Any other resolutions will be decided upon during a meeting of the Board of Directors to be held in March.
The mandates of the directors representing employees, Ms. Delphine Zablocki and Mr. Léonel Pereira Ascencao, will expire on September 20, 2021 and are not up for immediate renewal.
“We are very pleased to be able to put forward such remarkable candidates today, who stand out for their vast experience, extensive business acumen and established reputations gained throughout their respective careers serving as executives or board members of leading global companies across geographies and industries. Among them, we also welcome candidates who are both eminent executives as well as members of three important entrepreneurial families. We are fully confident in all of the candidates’ ability to make significant positive contributions to further accelerating the integration and ensuring the continued success of the Company,” commented Leonardo Del Vecchio and Hubert Sagnières, respectively Chairman and Vice Chairman of EssilorLuxottica.